Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Beasts Of Bourbon don't care about nothing anymore!!!!

Beasts Of Bourbon
The lack of Australian rock in the first two days lifetime of this blog is appalling. Hell, I even stole the name of this blog from a mail-order record store where I used to shop with in the 90s. Greg's Music World was the best!!! I'd just e-mail them "Hey, I like Nick Cave and the Go-Betweens a lot, what should I try out next?" and the next thing you know, I'm buying Ed Kuepper, Dave Graney and Tex Perkins cds.

About that Tex Perkins. He's been everything from a sensitive country-ish crooner to the founder of a band that once had a hit called "Fuck Your Dad" (and....um...they meant the more literal use of the verb "Fuck")

The Beasts Of Bourbon were an Australian Indie rock supergroup of sorts that kind of fell in the middle of the two extremes listed above.  Formed in the early 80s by Perkins (center in the picture above),  Kim Salmon (The Scientists), Boris Sujdovic (Scientists), Spencer P. Jones (The Johnnys) and James Baker (The Hoodoo Gurus). Over the years the lineup has shifted a bit but always includes Tex and Spencer.

I could have included so many different songs. This may not be their actual best, but it ain't far off. And it's hard to go wrong with lines like "I used to give my money to the motherfucking poor, but I don't care about nothing anymore!"

Yeah, seeing the Beasts live would be a bit of a dream for me. But no luck yet. The Beasts tend to call it quits periodically, go back to their own respective careers, and then out of nowhere show back up and bludgeon some eardrums and sensibilities til they can't stand each other anymore and call it quits again.

Incidentally, if you are among those few people who saw the performance of "Every Dog Has Its Valentine's Day" at the St. James Tavern on V-Day 2016, this song was "featured". Which is to say, when the guy went back in time to kill his younger self at his "happiest moment" this was a song the two versions of me (er...him) connected over.  But we never let the actors hear the original, so don't expect much similarity when they sing it!!!

Beasts Of Bourbon's "I Don't Care About Nothing Anymore"

Since I mentioned it:

Every Dog Has It's Valentine's Day presented by O.G.P.


Buy Beasts Of Bourbon on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment